Call For A Free Consultation (619) 710-6095

Call For A Free Consultation (619) 710-6095

US Visa Law

Types Of Visas In The United States

US Visa Law Lawyer, San Diego CityIn general, family immigration visas are those in which your family petitions the U.S. to allow you to stay in the country. Visa law attorneys at our form are equipped to help you with the following:

  • Marriage visas
  • K1 Petitions
  • N400
  • N600 procedures
  • Unlawful presence waivers
  • Crime waivers
  • Fraud waivers
  • Citizenships
  • Derivative Citizenship
  • And more…

How Do Spousal Visas Or Entry Work In The United States?

There are specific procedures that one must follow when petitioning their significant other. When the individual is married to a United States citizen and entered lawfully into the United States, they can adjust their status to become a resident.

However, suppose one is a lawful permanent resident and marries someone in the United States who entered lawfully. In that case, the individual who entered lawfully must go through the United States consulate in their country of origin to obtain their green card.

How Does An Attorney Help With The Citizenship Process?

When someone has been a resident for the required time and becomes qualified for Citizenship, an experienced attorney will assist with the entire process. Attorneys can attend the interview portion, ensure that all the requirements are met, and secure any necessary exam accommodations for the client, such as language modifications or medical exemptions.

What Is Derivative Citizenship?

Derivative Citizenship is possible when a mother who is a United States citizen has a child abroad under certain circumstances, depending on when the child was born and when the mother left the United States. The child may be able to obtain their Citizenship derived from the mother. In certain circumstances, it would depend on when the mother lived in the United States and whether she satisfied the time requirements.

If she did not satisfy the time requirements to qualify for Derivative Citizenship, she would have to petition the child through a general family petition called N600 procedures.

Who Can Obtain An H1B Visa?

With a maximum of 65,000 issued yearly, the most common temporary non-immigrant visa is the H1B visa for people with specified professional or academic fields. This visa is for those with higher education and typically a job offer from a United States employer requiring specialized knowledge.

In addition to academic and professional requirements, proof must be submitted indicating a lack of sufficient applicants in the United States. Every visa application must demonstrate that the employer attempted to recruit Americans for the position unsuccessfully.

What Is The Difference Between An H2A Visa And An H2B Visa?

The H2A visa is for agricultural workers, specifically temporary agricultural workers. The H2B visa is for semi-unskilled, non-agricultural labor during seasonal or peak needs for these workers.

What Are Some Other Types Of Visas Available To Come To The US?

  • L Visas are for those who are temporarily transferring within the company.
  • O Visas are for people with extraordinary and exceptional abilities or achievements in specific industries.
  • P Visas are for athletic and artistic endeavors and those accompanying them, such as band members.
  • R Visas are for religious workers.
  • N NAFTA Visas permit qualified Canadian and Mexican citizens to seek temporary entry into the United States to work or engage in business.

How Long Does It Take To Obtain A Visa?

Obtaining a general visa may take approximately 18 months. However, it is not easy to define right now.

On the other hand, employment visas have strict timing requirements and are only issued at a particular time of year. The process can take roughly six months.

With the guidance of a skilled attorney for Family Based Visa Cases, you can have the peace of mind that comes with knowing that we’ll make it look easy. For more information on Business Visa Law in California, an initial consultation is your next best step.

More Information:

Daniel S. Castaneda, Esq.

Call For A Free Consultation
(619) 710-6095

Open WhatsApp
How can we help?
Scan the code
How can we help?
Accessibility Accessibility
× Accessibility Menu CTRL+U